Tuesday, February 24, 2009

And so today I am officially down to one animal again. Lilly has grown increasingly "ill". I was so worried about her.....not playing, not eating, hiding a lot! Then one night about a week and a half ago she kept waking me up by running all over the place up things, down things, under things, and over them.....I was getting really irritated when I realized...she was trying to get away from Mylie. She just wanted to sleep, she's older, and she's used to sleeping at night. But 6 month old Mylie would not have it. I started paying closer attention and realized that when Lilly would try to eat...Mylie woud stop her...when she tried to drink...Mylie was right there. Poor Lilly is a one person cat...and she truly loves me the best she is able to....but adding another feline to the mix was more than she could take.

She's lived fine with Terriers, Lab mixes, and even a Chiuaua (sp?). She's fine with dogs...but there is only room for one cat around here I guess.

So today, bundled in a pink blanket...my beautiful gray kitten was sent back to the shelter I got her from. My friend Andrea went with me and as soon as I walk in the door I broke down. The lady behind the counter said...can I help you? To wich I responded with a sob and pointed to Andrea and said "talk". So Andrea started to explain...and the lady said..oh you're the one who called. Thankfully I had called early to explain why Mylie was being surrendered for adoption. The lady remembered and she said....it's ok. I filled out two forms and there you have it...they said we'll do the best we can and that was it.

I was so bummed but when I got home I was greeted by a bouncing happy Lilly. Now confindent in her position...and eating like a pig.

I will never forget that pretty little gray....I pray that she finds a great home...where she too will be queen bee.

I'm going to wait a year or two....then...I'm getting a dog. :-)

No comments: